Don't Let Empty Cupboards Get You Down, Try CookingByNumbers.com


I am trying to figure out what to fix for dinner tonight and am not coming up with anything inspiring. Part of the problem is that it's not time to grocery shop yet and my cupboards are a little bare. Since we live quite a few miles from the nearest market it's not convenient to run to the store and pick up a few things. So, I will have to use what is in my fridge and my cupboard. Let's see, I have chicken, eggs, bread, milk, a little cheese, some apples, potatoes, a few things more........
Hmmmm, still not feeling very culinarily (yes, I made that word up) creative. But I have a helper - Cooking by Numbers.
I was looking on StumbleUpon this morning and stumbled on this cooking site. It's wonderful! All you have to do is click on the ingredients that you have in your fridge and cupboard and it will suggest meal options and recipes for you. The only problem is that the site's from the UK so some the oven temps are in Celsius but you can easily convert by keying in Celsius number in Fahrenheit in your Google search bar. For example if the recipe calls for 190 degrees C you key in 190 Celsius to Fahrenheit. The conversion will be listed at the top of the page that opens.
Here are some of the suggestions that Cooking By Numbers gave me from the ingredients that I listed:
  • Roast Chicken
  • Potato Pie
  • Rice Pudding
  • Glazed Potatoes
  • Onion Soup
  • Pasta with Green and Orange Ribbons
The list goes on and on, more than 60 suggestions. I am feeling inspired. I like the idea of those Glazed Potatoes maybe served with Stuffed Lemon Chicken. Yummmm!
Don't let your dwindling food supplies get you down. You just need a little inspiration. Do some Shoestring Cooking and try Cooking By Numbers.
Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

bookwoman said...

Now THAT is a good idea. I'm gonna try it right now!

--LeeAnn

Gayle said...

That's great. I love it!
Why didn't I think of that?