Shoestring Shopping - Great Book Buys


If you have visited my other blog, Wondersome StoryTime, you will know that I love children's books. (If you haven't been to Wondersome StoryTime I hope that you will take some time to visit me there.) Of course your local library is a great place find all of the books that you could possibly want to read. I love our libraries. The librarians are kind and helpful and there are new books coming in all the time. But if you have kids at home you want to start building your own library. When we were at Kohls the other day (see my last post) I found their Kohls Cares for Kids section. This season Kohls is featuring full size hardback Dr. Suess books for $5 and for $5 more you can buy a stuffy to go with the book. To go along with Horton Hears a Who they sell a soft squishy Horton. Grandparents, these are great gifts! Not only are you getting a really good price but Kohls donates money from the sales to organizations that help kids.
When my kids were in school I found that a great resource for ordering books was the Scholastic Book order forms that they brought home once a month. I couldn't wait for the book orders to come home so that I could look through them. I pretty much filled out our collection of Box Car Children books through Scholastic.
Amazon is also a great place to look. Their selection is never ending and they sell both new and used books. I have an astore with Amazon that I feature on Wondersome StoryTime that sells the books that I post about and some of my other favorite reads. Be sure and check out The Wondersome StoryTime Store.
Thrift stores, garage sales, used book stores, grandma's attic....where do you like to buy great books? Start building your library now. When your kids are grown, the grandchildren will love it.

Image from stock.xchng
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

George said...

Hi

I have a financial blog and I want to exchange links with your blog. So please let me know if you are interested for link exchange. Waiting for your reply,

regards
George
georgleon@gmail.com